Recipe: Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Cups
One thing about being in quarantine that I didn’t expect was a more frequent craving for desserts. Based on some other posts I’ve seen, I am not alone!
I think that the added stress we all are experiencing does need to be addressed and relieved, and since one of those ways for me is preparing and eating food, I feel a responsibility to myself to find creative ways to satisfy sweet cravings while also staying in alignment with my nutritional goals.
I generally try to limit my sugar consumption, so an increase in dessert food indulgences is not in alignment with those goals. In order to keep my sugar consumption low, yet allow myself the treats I have been craving, I’ve been experimenting more with making my own desserts using alternative sweeteners like monk fruit and erythritol.
This recipe is a work in progress. The most recent version below has a couple tablespoons of coconut oil, which helped it firm up in the fridge. However, one of my teenage son likes it smooth, more like yogurt, so I often leave out the coconut oil.
🍓Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Cups🍓
12 ounces strawberries
8 oz brick cream cheese (NOT the spreadable kind)
1/4 cup granulated sweetener (I used keto-friendly Lakanto)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp melted coconut oil (optional)
Sliced strawberries and fresh whipped cream for topping (optional)
1. Add strawberries to food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
2. Remove half of chopped strawberries and set aside in a large bowl.
3. Add cream cheese, granulated sweetener, lemon juice, and melted coconut oil to the strawberries still in the food processor. Process until smooth.
4. Transfer mixture to the bowl with the strawberry you set aside and combine.
5. Whip the heavy cream and vanilla in a separate chilled bowl.
6. Fold whipped cream into the strawberry mixture.
7. Divide between small jars and place in fridge for at least 4 hours to set. Consume within three days or freeze.
8. Top with sliced strawberries and whipped cream, if desired.
9. Consume with delight!